Behavioral Health Interventions
Our Behavioral Interventions and Supports program uses evidence
based strategies to respond to targeted behaviors at home, school or in the community to mitigate such as the following:
- Identification of triggers behavior through data collection and analysis
- Creation and implementation of a comprehensive Behavioral Intervention Plan
- Use of evidence-based strategies such as visual planners, social stories, reward/incentive programs, coping skills, etc. to support and respond to behaviors
- Implement tools such as visuals planners, social stories, reward/incentive program, coping skills, etc.
- Establishment of clear expectations
- Collaboratively work with the school and the client environment to implement effective accommodations
- Provide proactive solutions to reduce potential addictions such as social media, drugs and alcohol
Special Needs Assistance
Our program provides direct assistance to clients affected by autism and other related conditions with a goal of giving them the opportunity to become contributors in the community. We have great experience in the following areas:
- Sensory Processing Solutions
- Social Skill Strategies
- Safety Management Plan (Elopement & Wandering)
- Remedies to ‘quirky’ tendencies e.g. bedwetting, anxiety, OCD, etc.
- Nutrition / Homeopathic remedies
- Executive Functioning Skills
- Research & Coordination of Services
- Assistive Technology/Communication Analysis
- Organization of paperwork (IEP, 504)
- Resource Navigator
- School accommodations
- Individualized programming
- Employment Support Services
- Medicaid Service Coordination
Supportive Community Living
The mastery of the following essential life skills can be challenging for some individuals. The Mosaic Haven approach is to gradually teach interactive practical life changing skills within an interactive, natural environment to promote independent living and a smooth transition to adulthood.
Daily Living Skills
Executive Functioning Skills
The proficiency of executive functioning skills directly impacts school performance, money management, driving and finding/keeping a job. We offer coaching in the following areas.
Family peer support specialist
Our non-clinical services are driven by lived experience and knowledge of mental health, and gives us the opportunity to teach, coach and mentor parents, caregivers and the community to be effective advocates
- Teach parenting skills.
- Model and coach parent-child interactions, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Assist families to plan for youth transition to adulthood.
- Help families navigate the behavioral health system of care.
- Track progress of goals.
- Coach families to advocate for themselves and their families.
- Teach families how to collaborate with providers in making decisions about their child’s care.
- Model good communication skills and share lived experience in a positive manner
- Create and facilitate family-to-family support groups